My First Observation at Indus

I am still trying to understand the Indus International's School schedule. It is not that straight forward and when there are special days the schedule changes again. So for example, I was supposed to observe an 8th grade class at 11:30am. We got to the classroom and the kids informed the teacher that they had practices (music, art, etc.) to attend to for Indus Day. There were a few people in the class but it just became a study hall and we chatted a bit. My mentor teacher, Ms. Mitali, is very nice and I think she thinks it is odd that I do not understand the schedule. I am just going to go at their pace and see what comes of it. I am going to go back on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday of next week and hopefully I will understand it a bit better.

Here are pictures of the classroom and if you look carefully far in the distance my mentor teacher is there talking to a student. It was my first day so I did not want to intrude too much.





















This evening I went for a walk to strengthen my knee. It is doing much better and wearing a brace has helped a lot. People in our neighbourhood are so nice. While I was walking, I met my neighbour and  a teacher that teaches in the primary block where James and Ashram go to school. It was such a nice conversation and my neighbour volunteered to take me to the community school that is part of Indus International. Basically, the community school is an Indus education but taught separately because they have a lot of catching up to do. That is where I wanted to be originally, so I am definitely going to take here up on her offer. I am learning that it is great to just open up to people and talk to them. I learn a lot by being genuinely interested. It is something I have had to get used to since I am generally a shy person until I get to know you.

We know have Amazon Prime for India and with that comes videos and T.V. shows on-line. Look what I found. My Friday night indulgence. When in India, do as the Indians do:)


It is a show that takes place in Mumbai, India and is called Four More Shots Please! It is about four unapologetically flawed women live, love, blunder and discover what really makes them tick through friendship and tequila in millennial Mumbai.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farmhouse Retreat

Caste System in India

John's World...Sports