Information Overload

Tuesdays are my long days at the University. I carpool with other faculty and I start my journey to the University at 7:00am and end my day at 6:30pm. As soon as I get into the car I am engaged in conversations around the education systems in India. I have learned so much in such a short time and I still have so much to learn. What I have realised is that the more I inquire about things the more I understand and I should not shy away from it. Everyone from the Principal at Indus to the taxi driver to administrators at the University to the security guards to my professors to the students and to the neighbourhood kids and families are all willing and happy to talk about Bangalore, their perspective, and their journeys and experiences. I am just absorbing it all in and trying to process it all with John
at night.

Today, I had a 3 hour meeting with my mentor Professor at the University. She truly is incredible and a wealth of knowledge. I was feeling bad that I was taking so much of her time and every hour I would say something  and she would say that there is no issue. And that initially our meetings may take long to unpack everything that has been going on for me in terms if my inquiry project at Indus, my classes, and other potential observations and schools to see. Today we also discussed my presentation next Tuesday (1/29) on US Education Policies and how they impact 1 teacher in 1 Boston Public School. While I have been so grateful for everything I have been learning, I am beyond excited to be giving a presentation to my class on Education Governance and Decentralisation. She also wants me to teach another class using the workshop model (warm-up, mini-lesson, classwork/activity, wrap-up) as a follow up to my presentation on Tuesday. I feel like I have been on the receiving end in terms of information and people helping me and it feels nice to be giving
for once.

Here is a picture of my Professor talking to a student. Isn't she so cute? I just love her! Below is a picture of the classroom too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Farmhouse Retreat

Caste System in India

John's World...Sports